Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Work Bible Study

I was so excited because this morning I started a weekly bible study before work. One of the teachers and I got together and talked about John 1:1-4 this morning and then prayed over our school.

It is so awesome to be putting many of the things that I have preached over and over into effect in a secular work place. I think it is important that every Christian figure out how they can make an impact at their work place.

  1. By Being a Witness - arrive on time, work hard, give extra effort. As you seek to be a witness these are things that matter most to your employer first.
  2. By Praying - Praying for your workplace can change the spiritual dynamic. Pray for favor on your co-workers and employers. Remember when you walk on the property...you are bringing God on the scene.
  3. By Starting A Bible Study - This is what I did. Before work starts I am now meeting with one teacher once a week to read, talk, and pray for the school.
What are some other ways you can think of that we can impact our work place?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The biggest thing that helped me to be a good influence within the work place was a positive attitude. People don't want to be around negative people, and they will notice if you are positive. In fact, I have had people ask me why I am always so positive, and it gives a great opportunity to share your faith! Good post!

Jason Curlee said...

Great thought Adam...a negative attitude is a big turn-off as well as being very draining.