Thursday, December 20, 2007

Twitter Update

I am really digging Twitter and see a whole lot of possibilities for it. I've been following a guy, Jeremiah Owyang, on Twitter who is really maximizing it. He has almost 3,000 followers and is following about 2,500 people himself.

I could see some things that churches and youth ministries could do if they really brainstormed about it, everything from Prayer Chains to Weekly Announcements to Scripture discussion. I really even haven't put a whole lot of thought into it yet.

What exactly is Twitter? It is a microblog in a nutshell. You can put small blurbs, 140 characters only, of what you are doing or reading and others can read them. It is sort of like text messaging and blogging combined. You can read more about it here.

I have it integrated into my facebook and google talk so I can update really easy without having to go to another web site and log in. Then I have an RSS feed to my Google Reader of everyone I'm following.

It really is a neat little tool with the promise of great potential. You can check me out on twitter @ www.twitter.com/jasoncurlee

No comments: