Saturday, December 15, 2007

Launch Gathering Thoughts

Last night we had our second launch team gathering. Our goal is to slowly build and prepare to launch as a church in September. To do this we decided to have some gatherings so many of our friends could share in what we are doing.

For the month of December, we decided to host two meetings at our home with many of our friends to share what God has laid on our hearts for Journey Community Church.

One of the reasons I started this personal blog is to be able to journal many of my thoughts along the way as we proceed to the destiny God has designed for us. So you will see often posts like this. Let them maybe inspire, encourage and even help you along your journey.

Last night went great and here are my thoughts for it:
  • Atmosphere was great as everyone arrived. All our Christmas decorations were in full effect and we had Christmas music going. At the last minute we decided that it would be a Christmas party theme.
  • Food was fantastic. We had several finger foods that people could all feast off of. Wings, cheese sticks, shrimp, cheese, chips and dips, etc....
  • Was able to share how God has been challenging me to think What If? What if what happened in the book of Acts happened here in the Coastal Bend?
  • Talked about how we want to have what happened in Acts 2 within a culture of Acts 17.
  • Shared on how people are addicted to the church and need to become more spiritually independent in their spiritual growth. The culprit though are pastors who have set it up like that. I was guilty of being one and am challenging my own thinking.
  • Thought I got a little rambly and tried to rush adding stuff in at the end. I have to learn to be concise and shut up.
  • A lot of stuff came out that wasn't in my notes. I think I want to blog on a lot of it. God has really been challenging me as I have really sought to say if church could be re-imagined what would it look like.
  • Want to see what we talked about? Here is the link: JCC Vision 2
  • Thought I should have left out the Church of Act Principles...there are some things in there that I think fit...just need to be more concise.
Can't wait 'til January as we start to kick this baby into a higher gear.

No comments: