Monday, December 17, 2007

Journey Through Acts (Acts 17)

Read - Acts 17

My Key Verse - Acts 17:21 Downtown Athens was a great place for gossip. There were always people hanging around, natives and tourists alike, waiting for the latest tidbit on most anything

My Reflection - I think many times I see churches wanting Acts chapter 2 to happen. I even think all the time "what if what happened in there, happened here". And we work to set up a church that tries to do and be an Acts 2 church.

Only problem is...we live in an Acts 17 culture.

BUT there is some power in that. I feel we must take advantage of the marketplace. That we must take advantage of the workplace environment. Our culture is set up around the work and marketplace. There are places where people hang out and naturally gravitate to. This should be taken advantage of by Christians. Often times we are waiting for God to bring in the people.

Are we doing our part and taking God into the marketplace?

My Prayer - Lord, as a church let us partner with people to equip them to take you and be effective in the marketplace and their workplaces.

No comments: