Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Journey Through Acts (Acts 18)

Read - Acts 18

My Key Verse - Acts 18:8 But Paul’s efforts with the Jews weren’t a total loss, for Crispus, the meeting-place president, put his trust in the Master. His entire family believed with him. In the course of listening to Paul, a great many Corinthians believed and were baptized.

My Reflection - I think the important thing to always remember is that when it comes to ministry...what we are doing is never a total loss. It may feel like it is...it may even seem like it is....BUT it isn't.

I know I have felt exasperated in ministry just as Paul felt. I have also seen though the fruit of the labor. I have seen young men who I never thought would have been in the ministry go to bible school and become pastors. I have seen young men and women involved in their church and are still faithful.

We never know the ends to what God is doing in people. The work we do is not in vain. We need to keep on keeping on, no matter what happens.

My Prayer - Lord, help me to always know that the work I do will never cease. That the connections made in the past and the ones being made now are for important work you are doing.

No comments: