Sunday, December 9, 2007

Journey Through Acts (Acts 7)

Read - Acts 7

My Key Verse - Acts 7:42 God wasn’t at all pleased; but he let them do it their way, worship every new god that came down the pike—and live with the consequences...

My Reflection - Probably one of the greatest things about living a life for God is that it is by choice. Most people think following God is about giving things up. Although that is partly true it is not at all what it is about.

Choice is about love. You can't have true love without choice. As I look at verse 42 here, I see that unique thing. God lets us live with our choices and the consequences that come with them. What is amazing though is that we tend to blame God or want Him to bail us out. I'm not totally sure how it all works but I know that God loves us so much that He walks us through those consequences.

If we simply would look more at His Word and live it out our choices would lead to the abundant living He provides for us.

My Prayer - Lord,help me to make choices based on your Word and hearing from You. Let my life be filled with abundance as I follow you.

No comments: