Saturday, December 15, 2007

Journey Through Acts (Acts 14)

Read - Acts 14

My Key Verse - Acts 14:22 putting muscle and sinew in the lives of the disciples, urging them to stick with what they had begun to believe and not quit, making it clear to them that it wouldn’t be easy: “Anyone signing up for the kingdom of God has to go through plenty of hard times.”

My Reflection - This scripture has pretty much two points to it. First, you see that Paul was always pouring into the lives of people. It wasn't a one time thing. He made his rounds building a core and then returned to encourage and build them up.

Second, is that last part, “Anyone signing up for the kingdom of God has to go through plenty of hard times.” Being a Christian doesn't mean it's going to be easy. He said we will go through plenty of hard times. This is so much a reality. Often times people are presented at salvation that God is and will make everything ok. I'm not going to dispel the work He does in our lives. That He doesn't help us in hard times. I just think that sometimes it's presented as a cake walk. We need to challenge people at their conversion.

My Prayer - Father, as I present your Gospel let me present one that is true to your word. I know that you are there and work in every believer. I also know that we can lean on your through all the tough times in our life. Help me to present that to others.

No comments: