Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Journey Through Acts (Acts 4)

Read - Acts 4

My Key Verse - Acts 4:32 The whole congregation of believers was united as one—one heart, one mind! They didn’t even claim ownership of their own possessions. No one said, “That’s mine; you can’t have it.” They shared everything.

My Reflection - Two reflections off this verse:

1. One word, five power-packed letters: U.N.I.T.Y. This is what made the early church so dangerous and powerful. If a church could get behind the vision as powerfully as the first church did, there would be nothing to stop it.

2. They looked out for others. They used their possessions to help others. They made sure no one was lacking or was in need. Another failure of today's hording and prosperity Americanized Gospel. God gives to us so we can be an extension of Him.

I honestly believe the unity led to them being so self-less in their giving.

I could go on and on about these two points, but what are your thoughts?

My Prayer - Father supply me with the whatever it takes to be a blessing and meet the needs of those around me. Give me creative ideas to give me increase so that I might further your kingdom. Help me stay centered on the vision you have laid out for Your church.

No comments: