Sunday, December 16, 2007

Journey Through Acts (Acts 16)

Read - Acts 16

My Key Verse - Acts 16:4 As they traveled from town to town, they presented the simple guidelines the Jerusalem apostles and leaders had come up with.

My Reflection - Sometimes I think what made the early church so powerful is they kept it simple. I think that is the challenge for me as we seek to build Journey Community Church - Keep It Simple.

Churches often make it so hard for people. Even today they have unwritten regulations that are thrust upon people. The fact is Jesus died to set us free from bondages. It is important that we don't put people back into bondage.

My Prayer - Lord, as we seek to build your church let us work to free people and not put them back into bondage with regulations. Sometimes it's easy to do that but help me to keep it simple.

No comments: