Saturday, December 8, 2007

The Ultimate Fighter Finale

For those that may not know...I love watching the UFC. If there is a fight on tv I'm going to be watching it. Tonight was the Ultimate Fighter finale.

Overall the card was good. Most of the fights were with guys from the season.

Mac Danzig won his fight against Tommy Speer. Going into the fight I was hoping for a great showing from Tommy but knew this would be a tough fight because Mac is truly on a different level. This was perhaps the most lop-sided fight of the night. Mac won hands down with a rear-naked choke. Mac totally out-classed him. Mac is the champion for this Ultimate Fighter season and wins the six-figure contract in the UFC.

The Main Event was sizzling. It featured Roger "el matador" Huerta vs. Clay "the carpenter" Guida. This fight was high octane, non-stop action from bell one to finish. I don't know many guys in the UFC that can go at the pace these guys fought. I had Clay winning the first two rounds going into the third. In the third round Huerta turned the tide and finished Clay with a rear-naked choke. I was pulling for Clay in this fight.

Best fight of the night in my opinion was the fight with Jon "War Machine" Koppenhaver def. Jared "J-Rock" Rollins. This fight was brutal from the get go, with most of the action on the ground. J-Rock, a brown belt in Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, ended up scoring some brutal elbows to War Machine's head from the bottom in guard. These wear some of the most brutal I've seen from on someone's back. This match was bloody and it looked like J-Rock had the match put out until War Machine swept him from the bottom, mounted him and then knocked him out for the TKO. I was pulling for J-Rock to win this one.

All in all the guys I was pulling for let me down on the night but there was some awesome showings.

What does all this have to do with my blog? Absolutely nothing but something I enjoy. That also has to be the most links I've ever put in a post.

No comments: