Monday, December 31, 2007

Vision

The vision God has set for our church is so far beyond me. In fact it scares me a little. For the past two months I have been praying and seeking Him, asking Him to make His vision so clear.

It's no wonder we have come up with a vision statement that is so far beyond us. It really is a God thing when you think about it. I believe that is what a true vision from God is. It is something that we can't do. It is a vision that can only be accomplished with a team in total surrender and trust in God.

That is why when I keep going back to this vision statement it kind of scares me. This is way bigger than me. There is no way "I" can do it. There is no way "I" can remain the same and it be accomplished. It is going to take so much more.



Here is our vision: To DOMINATE the Coastal Bend area with the life of Christ.

Dominate - to predominate, permeate, or characterize; to exert a supreme, guiding influence on or over; to enjoy a commanding, controlling position in

Acts 6:7 So the word of God spread. The number of disciples in Jerusalem increased rapidly, and a large number of priests became obedient to the faith.

John 10:10 I came so they can have real and eternal life, more and better life than they ever dreamed of.

We want that real and eternal life that Christ came to give us to dominate, or permeate not just Corpus Christi but this whole region of the Coastal Bend...it will be an area which is characterized by disciples, people who adhere to following Christ and becoming more like Him, increasing rapidly.

Like I said...way beyond me...way out of my comfort zone.

We are not here to create a church so that I can live in a lap of luxury...driving BMW's or living in a $500,000 home. We are not here to create a country club where people will come just to hear some fancy motivational message. We are not here to create just another church filled with people who didn't like the last church they were in.

Corpus doesn't need another church. It's got plenty of them. It has far too many Churches that are set up just to keep the status quo of the Christians that sit in its pews.

We are here to create a movement. We are here to create Kingdom impact. We are here to bring radical change to this area. We are here to create a new culture with a God mindset. We are here to DOMINATE the Coastal Bend area with the life of Christ.

ARE YOU READY TO GET ON BOARD WITH US?

No comments: