Saturday, March 29, 2008

Journey Day 8

Today is day eight of my 50 day spiritual journey.

Prayer Time - 30 Minutes...may have been up to 45 to an hour as I prayed some while I drove as well as throughout my going through the day.

Prayer Reflection - We were out of town at an all day tournament and about 20 minutes into my prayer time that I carved out I started to feel not so good.

Bible Time - Acts 8 Amplified Version

Scripture - Acts 8:1 AND SAUL was [not only] consenting to [Stephen's] death [he was pleased and entirely approving]. On that day a great and severe persecution broke out against the church which was in Jerusalem; and they were all scattered throughout the regions of Judea and Samaria, except the apostles (special messengers).

Scripture Reflection - We often fear persecution but it was persecution that actually spread the Word and made the church move out. I wonder if they would have been their own special club in Jerusalem like so many churches are today if it weren't for this.

Book Reading - Visioneering pages 113-112116

Book Reflection - These four pages are in the chapter called The Power of Vision.

As a father it is vital that I cast vision to my children. Vision is so powerful coming from people we respect. It draws us and captures our imaginations and then engages our hearts which gives us a sense of purpose.

My Prayer - Lord, use me to speak purpose into my children's lives.

No comments: