Monday, March 24, 2008

Journey Day 3

Today is day three of my 50 day spiritual journey.

Prayer Time - One Hour

Prayer Reflection - Today was a little harder. It was my first time in a while getting up to pray at six. I had to fight off tiredness and I felt a little off in prayer rhythem. I didn't spend the time to reflect that I did the previous day but it felt good to start my day off this way.

Bible Time - Acts 3 Amplified Version

Scripture - Acts 3:4 And Peter directed his gaze intently at him, and so did John, and said, Look at us!

Scripture Reflection - One of the reasons the church is not being effective is because it is not gazing intently into the community. We say we want change and impact but yet we are so far removed from the issues. We hare living in our fancy houses driving our fancy cars and I feel we are saying "look at us" but are we directing our gaze into our community.

Book Reading - Visioneering pages 89-92

Book Reflection - These four pages end the chapter called Going Public I.

Vision must present the solution. Since it is what we are seeing in the future it answers the problem and ignites our imagination as to what can be.

Vision must be clear in us. It must be a burned in image. If not we will not be able to translate that to others. When the pictures and images that fill the mind and hear of the visioncaster are accurately transferred to the minds and hearts of the audience, the vision has been cast.

A team whose imaginations are aligned and hearts are knit togther by what could and should be is a powerful team who can truly acheive more.

My Prayer - Lord, I pray more people would go on a journey like this. Work on me being more in tune with you. Help me to hear what you are speaking to me during this time.

No comments: