Saturday, March 22, 2008

50 Day Spiritual Challenge


So I've decided to take this to myspace and beyond. I encourage you to take the challenge and pass it on. Check it out. Here is what I posted:

I encourage you to read and forward this on...so much junk gets forwarded here on myspace...why not start a spiritual revolution.

With Tomorrow being Easter and the Day of Pentecost scheduled on the calendar for May 11th, I have been sensing God challenging me to step it up and position myself spiritually for what he is about to do.

I am going on a 50 day fast/spiritual journey.

I really feel God has been challenging me to take my spiritual life up a notch.

This is going to be a 50 day push beginning today, March 22nd, and will end May 10th. One day before the calendar date for the Day of Pentecost.

Here is what I feel God challenging me to do.

I will be chronicling it on my blog at jasoncurlee.com to help hold myself accountable as well as journal through my thoughts during this time. I believe that will challenge me. You may want to use your own blog or myspace blog as well.

Here Are My Details:

  • Pray one hour a day. 50 days = 50 hours
  • Read through book of Acts twice during this time.
  • I’m also going to read through Visioneering by Andy Stanley. No other books unless I get some on Multi-Sites as this is an area I’m going to focus on.
  • Fast one day a week from eating. Only drinking water for a 24 hour period. 7 weeks=7 days
  • Cut back to 50 blog subscriptions. And once a week on my fast day not read any of them. This week, I cut it back from 115 to 50. This was a brutal one for me. One of my strengths is being a learner. Through blogging I have made so many friends and it was hard to narrow down to whom to cut and not cut. (Why not cut them all out? Glad you asked...cutting this amount is almost the equivalent of that. It’s like drinking water for me for a day.)
  • Cut back on the Podcasts I listen to. Not sure how this one is going to shape up just yet. But I already cut out 10 subscriptions on it at the time I’m writing this.
  • I also feel during the last 7 to 10 days God is going to take it up a notch too…not sure how just yet.
****** Important Note ******

The challenge is not so much as for you to fast or do exactly the same as what I am doing. Decide what areas God may challenge you to give up or to step up. I am doing some specific things like the book of Acts and Visioneering…as well as the once a week food fast and praying an hour a day. The blog reading and podcast part is an area I felt God challenging me specifically. I tend to take in an enormous amount of info and during this time I want to limit it to hear more from Him.

For each of you that may be different…it may mean no TV or music…it may mean changing your diet for 50 days in an area…like no sweets or sodas…it may mean doing a Daniel Fast type diet. Ultimately it may mean a variety of things.

It really is about preparing yourself and positioning yourself for whatever God may do.


****** Important Note Over******

If anyone else out there feels like they could accept this challenge, or even part of it, let me know by Leaving A Message For Me On My Myspace at myspace.com/pastorjcurl or Leave A Comment At My Post Taking The Cut Up A Notch

I’d like to know specifically who and maybe how you will go though this challenge.

Don’t worry if you weren’t prepared for this today when you are reading it just join in wherever we are and push through to May 10th.

For some of you pastors out there reading this, I encourage you to challenge your team as well and let me know the results.

I encourage you to forward this on...so much junk gets forwarded here on myspace...why not start a spiritual revolution and let me know if you are participating!!!!!

Jason Curlee
jasoncurlee. com
myspace.com/pastorjcurl

No comments: