Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Down But Not Out


Here is a twinge of admission:

I've been feeling down this week. I'm not really sure what caused it. I'm sure a lot of it is spiritual warfare. Regardless, something Sunday clicked on me mentally and I've been down since then.

My feeling is that I'm not getting anywhere. I think I feel like Nehemiah when he was standing before the king looking down. He had this huge vision but I think he was feeling stuck and he didn't know how it was going to happen.

It feels like I see this huge need in this area. I feel I've communicated it to people. I feel like I've prayed. I believe this is God's heartbeat.

But yet it feels like I'm down.

Truth is I could lie like the rest of the Christians out there that say everything is okay. I could lie and say things are going good.

But this week my countenance is down.

I still walking by faith. I'm still in the mix. I'm still believing.

Oh and "no" that's not me in the picture.

Subscribe to my feed to get notified of my next post in this series.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'll praying for you bro!

Jason Curlee said...

thanks bro....I appreciate it...it's a temporary thing...and I'm just being highly transparent.

INTELBLKMN said...

I got your back (God also!!)

Chris Reynolds said...

Man bro the calling of a church planter...Step 1: Be Real
Man been reading up on you guys and am really excited for what is going on with you guys, keep keeping real..I am praying for you guys..check out Micah 7:8 Man proclaim this verse!! God will rock your world. This helped when I was where you were in this post!

Jason Curlee said...

funny...that is my favorite verse in the bible that I have quoted over and over and over....sometimes you need a little reminder.

Thanks Chris

Anonymous said...

step into it and hang in. Nehemiah led the Israelites to do something they didn't believe they could.

Jason Curlee said...

Thanks Gina....and so true...he did do something very awesome.